Coaching for Results using the Agile Fluency™ Game
March 29 @ 8:00 am - March 30 @ 5:00 pm EDT$1400
Create your own custom play-book and deploy the Agile Fluency™ Game as a powerful coaching tool.
The Agile Fluency Game provides a rich platform for learning about the benefits and trade-offs of adopting agile practices. You can use this physical, euro-style game to create stand-alone exercises or as part of a larger training course. Learn how as you create your own custom play-book from a series of mini-workshops using the game materials.
You will receive your own copy of the Agile Fluency Game and learn its secrets. Then you’ll move beyond game facilitation as you gain the knowledge to design powerful interactive learning experiences.
Agile Fluency is a trademark of James Shore and Diana Larsen.
Who is this workshop for:
Coaches, Scrum Masters, trainers, consultants, and anyone else interested in fun, engaging ways to teach teams about Agile practices.
- A basic working understanding of agile principles and practices.
- Experience designing and delivering training courses and workshops
What will I learn?
You’ll learn expert facilitation techniques to use in your own coaching, training, and team-building activities, and you’ll learn to conduct several bonus activities using the game materials. Each activity provides another way to engage your audience and teach them about important Agile concepts!
The two-day activities cover:
- Play the Agile Fluency Game (and unlock its secrets)
- Facilitate the Agile Fluency Game with groups of any size
- Make sound cost/benefit tradeoffs when selecting Agile practices
- Determine which Agile practices to adopt next and how to achieve proficiency
- Use the Agile Fluency™ Model for aligning teams to specific Agile practices
- Take away bonus modules to conduct with teams, clients, and colleagues
- Receive a boxed copy of the Agile Fluency Game with everything required for play
What do I get?
You’ll receive a professionally-printed boxed set that includes everything you need to run the game on your own.
The game set includes:
- Fold-out game board
- 19 unique Agile Practice cards
- 21 Feature cards
- 100+ Investment chips
- Progress tracker
- Game rules
- Dry-erase markers
- Plus, electronic teaching aids and bonus materials:
- Animated rules video to show your players
- Workshop preparation punch list
How do I play the game with teams?
- The Agile Fluency Game supports one to seven players. A typical session, including instructions and debrief, takes 1.5 to 2 hours.
- One game session is all you need for the core lessons, but the game is challenging enough that most players enjoy the opportunity to play again and try for a better score.
- Each session provides opportunities for further learning. You can use the game as part of a larger training course or as a stand-alone team exercise.
- Use the Agile Fluency Game to start and sustain a rich conversation about which Agile practices to adopt next and how to achieve proficiency!
This training is performed in conjunction with Ahmed Avais.