Want to make your remote scrum team more effective? Find yourself home with some extra personal development time? Already registered for an upcoming Project Brilliant training class?
CERTIFIED SCRUM TRAINING GOES VIRTUAL!
The Scrum Alliance has temporarily relaxed its rules requiring live participation for certification. To best serve our communities and protect the health and well being of our attendees, Project Brilliant will be performing our April and May 2-day Certified ScrumMaster® and Certified Scrum Product Owner® classes virtually.
None of us can predict how long this environment will exist. Our goal is to return to live class delivery as soon as possible. For classes scheduled in June and beyond, we will inspect and adapt our approach to align with the prevailing government guidance and Scrum Alliance requirements.
Don’t worry! We have worked diligently to build an engaging virtual training experience. The interactive, no powerpoint training that you have come to expect from Project Brilliant will remain intact!
YOU HAVE OPTIONS!
We know that every individual has a different learning style and preference. Therefore, we want to provide options. Any individual that has a paid registration for a virtual class may also attend a live training class when in person classes resume for no additional cost. Instructions for registering for live training classes will be provided upon request.
SUPPORTING THOSE MOST AFFECTED!
Several populations have been hit hard in this crisis. We want to pitch in where we can. For each paid registration to any Project Brilliant training class through August 2020, $100 will be donated to support food insecurity or elderly home assistance through Second Helpings or CICOA Foundation.
What if I have already registered for a class in April and May?
- We look forward to having you! All CSM and CSPO classes in all locations scheduled in April and May will be held virtually. You don’t need to do anything! Instructions will be sent directly to the email address you used during registration.
What if I have registered for a class in June or beyond?
- We hope to be delivering live training classes in June and beyond. However, we will comply with prevailing government guidance. If classes in June or beyond require virtual participation, instructions will be sent directly to the email address you used during registration.
What if my company will not allow me to attend training?
- Virtual training options will be offered for April and May 2020. There is no cost to transfer to classes later in the year! If your company will not allow either of these options, please contact Agile@ProjectBrilliant.com with your reservation number.
What if I don’t want to attend a virtual training?
- We understand! If you are registered for a class that will be delivered virtually, you will be given an opportunity to attend a live class when in person classes resume.
Will virtual training be as effective as in person?
- The Project Brilliant team has worked diligently to build an engaging virtual training experience. The interactive, no powerpoint training that you have come to expect from Project Brilliant will remain intact! Also, if you attend a class that is delivered virtually and you would like to attend a live class when in person classes resume, you may do so at no additional cost.
What if I attend a virtual training but the format was not conducive to my learning style or I don’t feel prepared to take the scrum master exam?
- Everyone learns differently. If you attend a class that is delivered virtually and you would like to attend a live class when in person classes resume, you may do so at no additional cost.
What setup or tools do I need for the virtual class?
- Detailed instructions will be sent prior to class, but you will need:
- A stable broadband internet connection
- Computer with:
- Video camera – we need to see your face for class discussions
- Audio capability (microphone & speaker/headset) to hear and be heard
- Access to google tools (drive, docs, jam board, etc.)
- Zoom web conference tool (free download)
- A quiet place to sit with no distractions
- Pen and paper for notes and other activities
I am interested in attending a Project Brilliant class but haven’t registered yet. Should I wait?
- No need to wait! We are planning virtual delivery for classes in April and May and live classes in June and beyond. If you register for a class that you cannot attend, transfers to other classes are free! Also, for each paid registration to any Project Brilliant training class through August 2020, $100 will be donated to support food insecurity or elderly home assistance through Second Helpings or CICOA Foundation so it’s a win/win!
What is the current Project Brilliant training schedule?
- Our current schedule is available at www.ProjectBrilliant.com/trainings
- Upcoming classes include:
- April 13-14 Certified ScrumMaster VIRTUAL
- April 20-21 Certified ScrumMaster VIRTUAL
- April 22-23 Certified ScrumMaster VIRTUAL
- May 4-5 Certified Scrum Product Owner VIRTUAL
- May 18-19 Certified Scrum Product Owner VIRTUAL
- May 27-28 Certified Scrum Product Owner VIRTUAL
- June 1-2 Certified ScrumMaster LIVE INDIANAPOLIS
- June 15-16 Certified ScrumMaster LIVE CINCINNATI
- July 27-28 Certified ScrumMaster LIVE INDIANAPOLIS
- August 10-11 Certified ScrumMaster LIVE CINCINNATI
- August 24-25 Certified Scrum Product Owner LIVE INDIANAPOLIS
- August 31-September 1 Certified ScrumMaster LIVE PITTSBURGH
- September 2-3 Certified Scrum Product Owner LIVE PITTSBURGH